Terms and conditions
Welcome to www.brt.org.uk.
By using or accessing www.brt.org.uk (the “Website”), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use the Website.
These terms and conditions refer to the following additional terms which also apply to your use of the Website:
The Website is owned and operated by Brain Research Trust, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 7345516, registered charity number 1137560 and registered address Dutch House, 307-308 High Holborn, London WC1V 7LL (the “Charity”, “us” or “we”).
Use of the Website
We may, at our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page. Your continued use of this Website after amendments are made means you accept the terms and conditions as updated. Therefore, please visit this page regularly to review these terms and conditions.
You may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt its good working order.
Accuracy and changes
Whilst we aim to provide you with accurate information on this Website, we are unable to guarantee that the information and content contained therein is accurate, verified or complete. We accept no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information and/or content.
We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Intellectual property rights
The content on this Website is owned by us, our partners or other third parties.
No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our prior written consent, except:
• where extracts are downloaded or printed for personal and non-commercial use; or
• where text is reproduced for the purpose of reporting in news publications provided that the text is reproduced accurately and fairly and not in a manner that could confuse or mislead others or cause damage to the Charity or its reputation and provided that the Website is acknowledged as the source of the information.
However, in no circumstances may you use graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, images or photographs from the Website except with our prior written consent. Please send your written requests to use such content to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that your use of it (or any material you download from it) will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer, mobile device and operating system are suitable to use, and compatible with, the Website.
It is your responsibility to ensure that (as applicable) your computer or mobile operating system (including, but not limited to, your hardware, software and data) is not damaged by your use of the Website.
You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of any mobile device that are controlled, by not owned, by you and are used by you to view or access the Website, or download anything from it. You and they may be charged by your and their service provider for internet access on that device, and you accept responsibility in accordance with these terms and conditions for the use of the Website on or in relation to any device, whether or not it is owned by you.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends using the Website (whether or not such action is permitted or supported via the Website).
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use or viewing of the Website, we accept no liability.
The limitations and exclusions above only apply to the extent permitted by law.
Use from outside the UK
Whilst we welcome all visitors to this Website, we cannot guarantee that the Website is appropriate or available for use in any territory. Those who visit the Website from outside the UK are responsible for complying with all applicable laws. If use of the Website breaches any law in your jurisdiction(s), you may not use them and you must exit immediately.
Use of Website
1. You must not use the Website in a way that breaches any law.
2. Where the Website allows you to upload, post or otherwise provide content to the Website, in addition to these terms and conditions you will need to comply with separate ‘House Rules’, which will be accessible in the relevant area of the Website .or set out in these terms and conditions.
3. You must not use the Website in a way that is malicious, offensive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Website or the Charity into disrepute.
4. You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of your use of the Website is solely your responsibility. At our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions via the Website.
5. You will indemnify the Charity against all losses, damages, proceedings, actions, legal costs (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements on a solicitor and client basis) expenses and any other losses or liabilities arising from your use of the Website or your breach of these terms and conditions.
Please let us know immediately by contacting us at email@example.com if you have any concerns about material appearing on the Website.
We make no representations about any other websites. When you access any other website through links on the Website you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website and can accept no responsibility in relation to its content or the way you interact with it.
Linking to the Website
You may link to any part of this Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must ensure that by linking you breach no law or rights of others, and that the linking does not suggest any association, patronage, approval or endorsement, except with our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice.
English law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts will apply to these terms and conditions, save where you live in any other part of the United Kingdom, in which case the law and courts of that place shall apply.
You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the Website or these terms and conditions.
You can also contact us by telephone us at 020 7404 9982 or by writing to us at Dutch House, 307-308 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7LL.